We’ve collated a list of the most frequently asked questions about EDExams. If you have a question not featured on this list, please email email@example.com.
EDExams is an all in one secure locked down platform where we have taken the idea of an examination and developed a unique, safe and secure platform with the candidate in mind.In everything that we do at EDExams we are responsive, friendly, focused and flexible in our approach. We are ground breaking in our innovation and believe that education is open to all. EDExams was originally developed in August 2015 after one of the UK's top educational awarding bodies expressed a need for an online functional skills examination platform.EDExams is an all in one online platform that allows you to create and deliver your own examinations for multiple market areas.
Enterprise scale examination and assessment applications are usually adopted by awarding bodies, which are the organisations who provide regulated qualifications in certain regions or countries. For example, Cambridge Assessment provide educational assessments for over 8 million learners in over 170 countries, marked by over 30,000 examiners every year.
EDExams can be used to deliver an online examination and assessent using a locked down and secure application. Examination and assessment answers are read and considered against an agreed mark scheme as usual, all accessed centrally through the marking suite. Multiple-choice exams can be either marked by examiners or can be auto-marked by the software application where appropriate.
The benefits of EDExams vary from organisation to organisation but can include:
- Removal of geographical barriers. EDExams can be delivered completely online, eliminating the need for markers to travel to central marking facilities.
- Increased speed of marking and issuing of exam results. By using EDExams, awarding bodies may be able to reduce the amount of time it takes to deliver exam results to students by reducing administration and by enabling markers to access and mark exams quicker.
- Improved security. Hard copy scripts don’t need to be posted to the awarding body then to markers’ houses, as the digital files are transferred securely online. This reduces capacity for paper scripts to be lost, damaged or stolen in transit.
- Improved data capture. Data captured through EDExams systems can be used to identify and potentially resolve problems in the marking process. Item-level data about the performance of individual questions can also be used to refine future exams.
- Real-time problem resolution. Marking issues can be detected as they happen rather than after a delay has occurred. Markers are able to highlight problems and get rapid feedback during the marking process.
- Reduction in human error. The marker will be alerted if, for example, they have missed a question or miscalculated the total number of marks.
- Flexible working. EDExams allows markers to work remotely and to fit their work around other commitments.
What happens if you update the system?
If the functionality of the system is updated, this is immediately available as EDExams cloud-based solution – so you do not ever need product upgrades. EDExams is very easy to use whether writing questions, setting marking rules or reviewing reports. If something is updated, when you revisit that area of the site, you will automatically be shown some help text telling you about the new features.
Can EDExams integrate with our existing systems?
EDExams can seamlessly fit into your existing technical environment. We can easily integrate with your LMS, CRM or Association Management System, so that candidates are automatically enrolled into the correct exams and results are pushed into a system of record.
What languages can EDExams support?
EDExams can support assessments in any language including double-byte character sets such as Russian and Chinese.
How secure is the data?
EDExams works with professional bodies and corporations in highly regulated industries who require a top level of security from their technology suppliers. EDExams complies with ISO, SAS, SSAE and ISAE standards and rigorous data-protection laws. All data is held within the EU and so is subject to EU data protection and processing laws. There is a comprehensive security model that ensures only those with sufficient security permissions can access set functionality and screens. All data is encrypted using 128-bit encryption and SSL.
Absolutely nothing. The terms EDExams and onscreen marking can be used interchangeably to describe the process of human examiners viewing and marking examinations on a computer screen. Other terms also used to describe this process are digital scoring, remote scoring, online grading, online marking, electronic marking and onscreen rating.
Every examinationan and assessment application is different, but all are designed to improve the speed and efficiency of delivery examinations and assessments.. Even markers who are not computer literate may be taught to use EDExams applications with the appropriate instruction.
No. Most of the time, an Internet-enabled computer and an Internet connection is enough to run the EDExams application.
Many markers prefer the time efficiencies introduced by EDExams and the auto tallying features. However, there are still some markers who prefer traditional pen and paper marking.
EDExams requires the underlying technical infrastructure to drive it and an application to access it. For some awarding bodies, migrating from an existing infrastructure or building from the ground up may be perceived as a barrier. However, many organisations find that the costs dedicated to infrastructure are over time absorbed by the efficiencies introduced by EDExams and in many cases organisations have found the introduction of EDExams to quickly begin showing cost savings.
The use of EDExams is growing globally. Today, it is used to assess mainly high-stakes or ‘summative’ exams, but as the technology becomes more widely used EDExams may be used to deliver other types of e-assessment and e-coursework at the ‘formative’ level in the classroom.
Any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org